StreamNative Private Cloud supports a RESTful messaging interface to Pulsar clusters. You can produce and consume messages without using the native Pulsar protocol or clients.
The Rest API supports both non-partitioned and partitioned topics as well as basic and Avro base struct schema.
Example use cases include:
- Send data to Pulsar from any frontend application built in any language
- Integrate Pulsar with existing automation tools
- Ingest Pulsar data into corporate dashboards and monitoring systems
- Provide instant access to data in motion for data scientist notebooks
- Ingest messages into a stream processing framework that may not support Pulsar
Enable Message Rest API
To use Message Rest API on StreamNative Private Cloud, you need to configure on the
spec: config: pulsarRestMessagingServiceEnabled: true
The message Rest API is enabled on the Pulsar broker. To access the message Rest API outside a Kubernetes cluster, you need to expose the Pulsar proxy service and access the exposed proxy endpoint. The Pulsar proxy will forward the message Rest API requests to the Pulsar broker.